Wednesday, September 27, 2006

JLB Assemble!

I'm linking to this post Elly posted today for several reasons. First of all, I'm a big fan of the city's mansions. I had my wedding reception in one, and I've been to events at several others, and they're magnificent. I've never been to an event or invited to the Miller Mansion, but I'd like to. How do you get on the list? I've never been to Tally Ho (really!), nor do I make a lot of money, so I suspect my options for getting on the guest list are somewhat limited. I need to find some rich friends that would get married there, perhaps.

Anyhoo, any project that spruces up Buffalo's best houses and mansions is good news by me, so I'm excited to see what everybody comes up with.

The second reason I linked to the article is, quite frankly, less inspiring. Since I am not a woman, I cannot join the Junior League of Buffalo, but they seem to do fine work. Really, I'm amused by the name. Specifically, the initials, as it reminds me of this.

What can I say? I’ve read a lot of comic books in my time. A lot.

No comments: